PDA

View Full Version : TGN Visiting Treyarch Studios

Spawndemon
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
I along with other members in the Call of Duty community will be heading out to Treyarch Studios today to preview the recently announced Call of Duty: World at War. None of us will be able to report anything right away from the event due to an embargo on the information, but we will post everything we learned as soon as we are allowed to. At the event, I will try to address any concerns or questions you guys have posted up in the announcement thread for the game, but if you have anymore, please feel free to post them in this thread. Stay tuned for more!

imported_Whiskey
06-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Have fun boys. :) These things are a great opportunity to get a sneak peek at a game.

If they allow Q&A or suggestions at all, I'd recommend stressing how important MP is, and ask/suggest specific things that PC MP needs to have that are different from Console.

Enjoy yourselves!

Spawndemon
06-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Aww I was hoping you were going Whiskey so I could get to meet you. Perhaps for the next MOH game then. :)

=98=
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Why did they decide to go back to WWII?

StoneCold313
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Have fun guys... :salute:

CptainCrunch
06-12-2008, 03:01 PM
See if you can get information on squad play/teamwork aspect. There are snipets of it here and there.

Crunch

JoMaMaz
06-12-2008, 03:05 PM
As Whiskey said, stress the importance of mp. MP is now becoming, or has become, more important than sp for console games as well. The replay value of a game comes from a great mp, no matter how good or bad the sp is. Have fun guys! :D

b` m3ow
06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
As Whiskey said, stress the importance of mp. MP is now becoming, or has become, more important than sp for console games as well. The replay value of a game comes from a great mp, no matter how good or bad the sp is. Have fun guys! :D

Nuff said :yay:

MrKLM
06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Spawndemon;2073677']Aww I was hoping you were going Whiskey so I could get to meet you

you get to meet Jim.

Perhaps for the next MOH game then.

And Me. :yay:

imported_Gunny
06-12-2008, 09:06 PM
1st I would like to say thanks for making a WWII Pacific CoD for the PC:salute:.

Ques: (with only the PC in mind)

1) Why did you want to inclued the PC this time around? and is the PC going to stay in your making for the future?

2) Are you happy to be moving into the PC world?

3)Will there be MP perks and ranks like in CoD:4's MP?

4)If World at War is a great success with the PC(witch I have no dought it will be), will you continue with expansion packs and add on's or move onto a hole new war and time?

5)The MP mod "WAR" that was in CoD3 MP will that be in the MP for CoD"WW?

6)Will there be CTF in MP?

7)Please no planes in MP, just Tanks and Jeeps.

8)Do you plan on staying with WWII for some more titles or could we see a CoD:VietNam?(WWII is still the best, my OP)

9)When will we be able to see a CoD:World at War official web site up with news, screen shots and forum?

10)Will there be a "Limited Collector's Edition" for the PC when due date comes around?

Thanks agian for a PC version :yay:.
Rick (Gunny)

JoMaMaz
06-13-2008, 12:12 AM
3)Will there be MP perks and ranks like in CoD:4's MP?

I'm not sure about the ranks, but in that mag ad, they said there would be perks. They said they would be keeping some of the popular, pertinent ones. I imagine that includes stopping power, juggernaut, deep impact, etc. They said that since there was no uav or heli back in WWII, those kill streak rewards/assists will obviously be different and relevant to the time era. I think you could still have an airstrike, or should I say a bombing raid? :D

StoneCold313
06-13-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm not sure about the ranks, but in that mag ad, they said there would be perks. They said they would be keeping some of the popular, pertinent ones. I imagine that includes stopping power, juggernaut, deep impact, etc. They said that since there was no uav or heli back in WWII, those kill streak rewards/assists will obviously be different and relevant to the time era. I think you could still have an airstrike, or should I say a bombing raid? :D

Napalm!!! :yay: :D

KiltedCoyote
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Are you including shooting through walls? (Please don't ;))

=98=
06-13-2008, 05:02 PM

Please do. We like a nice bit of realism.

JoMaMaz
06-13-2008, 07:00 PM

If you read the article, you'll read that they said bullets will penetrate through some objects. It also says that you will be able to destroy materials with bullets such as huts and of course the flamethrower will allow stuff to be destroyed also. :evil:

Not trying to be a smart A, but there have been more then one comment/questions in this thread that would be answered if you actually read the article. :thumbsup:

MrKLM
06-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Well looks as if Spawn has returned, I can't wait to hear about what news is there to be shared.

JoMaMaz
06-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Schweet! ^_^ Hopefully he can share something.

Spawndemon
06-14-2008, 01:44 AM
I won't be able to share anything we learned until later this month (can't say specifically) when the embargo is lifted. It was a fun time out there and I do have plenty to share with you all when the time comes. :)

imported_Gunny
06-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for takeing the time to go out and getting that news for us, Thank you:thumbsup:

-How do the characters look?
-Are there more Pacific MP map then thay are Europe maps, would love to spend more time as a US Marine fighting the Axis?

Thanks.

=98=
06-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I hope we play as some more international forces :)

Some surprise armies would be nice

Heydude235
06-15-2008, 12:18 AM
While Ur there please talk to them about the bash system that is currently in cod 4. I would like the but of the rifle to return and i don't want it to be a auto warp thats in cod 4 now.
Also a bayonet system might be a cool unlock thingy if they place to follow the system cod 4 did with perks and challanges.

Spik3d
06-15-2008, 10:11 AM
I would prefer that they use the older melee system as opposed to the Halo sword melee system. The older melee system took more "skill" to hit the other guy as opposed to magically flying towards the other guy and being guaranteed a hit.

imported_Gunny
06-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Are we close to the time to getting some of the Q's Ans?:salute:

Spawndemon
06-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Are we close to the time to getting some of the Q's Ans?:salute:

I will be posting about the event very soon yes. :)

imported_Cryptik
06-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Did you get to play the game?

Spawndemon
06-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Did you get to play the game?

Nope. Hasn't been played by anyone outside of Treyarch/Activision yet.

imported_Cryptik
06-22-2008, 03:40 AM
damn.